About Those We Serve
Allergaroo dishes appeal to a wide range of special dieters including:
Those with celiac disease
or gluten intolerance
- Gluten is the protein commonly found in wheat, rye and barley.
- Celiac disease or gluten intolerance is estimated to affect 1 in 100 people or 3 million in the United States1.
Those with food allergies
- The eight most common allergens are wheat, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish or shellfish, which account for 90 percent of all food allergic reactions in the United States.
- Approximately 12 million Americans have food allergies2.
Those with food intolerances
- There are several types of food intolerances. Among them are intolerances to lactose, food additives, MSG and sulfites.
- It's estimated that 30 million (or 10 percent) Americans suffer from at least one food intolerance3.
Those with autism spectrum disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders are developmental disorders that affect children by disrupting their ability to communicate and interact socially.
- To reduce a child's symptoms of autism, parents try alternative treatments such as specialized diets. Lately, the gluten-free/casein-free diet has grown in popularity. Some parents report improvements in autism symptoms with this dietary regimen.
- Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have autism4.